Sustainability at Minster
We are proud to announce that we have received the Investors in the Environment Bronze Award for our commitment to sustainability.
We take our social responsibility seriously and aim to become the most sustainable equine practice in the UK.
The Minster Equine Veterinary Practice is part of the VetPartners family. VetPartners are passionate about encouraging sustainable veterinary care and reducing our impact on the environment. Our goals can be found in our Sustainability Strategy and include using renewable energy, diverting waste from landfill, undertaking charitable fundraising and ensuring a kind and inclusive workplace culture. We are committed to enhancing our environmental performance through a journey of continual improvement by working through the Investors in the Environment accreditation scheme. Our environmental commitment can be demonstrated in our objectives and goals:
- Complying with all environmental regulations and societal expectations
- Monitoring our key resource usage and implementing conservation techniques
- Implementing a waste management policy focusing on reducing, reusing and recycling
- Publishing and distributing an annual organisational sustainability report
- Engaging with colleagues and clients to encourage sustainable animal care
- Minimising unsustainable transport use
- Practising responsible medicines usage and disposal
- Taking part in sustainability projects with the practice team
- Working with suppliers to ensure they acknowledge and decrease the environmental impact of their products and transportation
- Undertaking independent annual audit with Investors in the Environment.