We are always keen to hear from qualified Veterinary Surgeons and Nurses.
Please feel free to submit your CV, or enquire about vacancies at Minster Equine.
We are looking for an Equine Veterinary Nursing Assistant to join our experienced team based primarily at the Poppleton clinic on the outskirts of York. You will be responsible for supporting the vets by maintaining clean and hygienic equipment and examination areas, assisting with horse handling, working on reception and other duties as necessary.
Working as an Equine Veterinary Nursing Assistant, your day to day duties will involve:
- Caring for in-patients and undertaking field and stable duties
- Admitting patients to the clinic
- Assisting vets with procedures in the clinic and out on the road
- Handling, restraining and lunging horses
- Stock and dispensary management
- Cleaning and organising equipment
- Housekeeping and general maintenance of the surgery
- Lab work e.g. performing worm egg counts and running blood tests (full training will be provided)
- Monitoring patients out of hours and staying at the clinic when required (accommodation is available on site)
- Answering the phone, booking appointments, taking payments and other reception duties.
The role is a full-time, permanent position with out of hours requirements on a rota basis.
Due to the on-call/out-of-hours requirements you must live within 30 minutes of the Poppleton practice (YO26 6QF).
You will have:
- Maths & English GCSEs (Grade C/4 or higher)
- Full UK Drivers Licence
- Strong horse handling abilities (leading, restraining and lunging all types of horses, including difficult ones, safely and confidently)
- Experience and knowledge of horses and horse care
- Computer and telephone skills
- The ability to confidently communicate with clients and team members
- The ability to prioritise tasks and manage time effectively.
- Generous employee discount
- 30 days annual leave
- CPD allowance
- Employee Healthcare programme
- Life insurance
- Buy & Sell holidays
- Enhanced maternity, paternity, adoption and surrogacy leave
37.5hrs per week
£9.20 – £9.80 per hour
If you would like to join our fun and friendly team, please send your CV and Covering Letter evidencing your skills, experience and values to email@example.com.